Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pssst...Have You Heard?!



My friend, David (David Ferrall of Nest Realty), says I must share my secret with you, but  I must admit I'm a bit conflicted about sharing one of my favorite shopping haunts with everyone. Because, on the one hand, I want to tell EVERYONE, but on the other, if word gets out you will all flock to these two little gems and I might miss out on some good finds for myself. What's a shopping cowgirl to do?!

Well, everybody pretty much knows I can't keep a secret, so here it is...if you haven't already visited the Rockfish Gap Country Store in Afton or Greenwood Antiques & Uniques in Greenwood drop what you're doing right now and run there! Trust me! You won't regret it!



I have found so many wonderful finds there starting with my collection of blue glass bottles, which many of you admired at this year's Shelter for Help in Emergency's Design House. (I'm a name dropper, I admit it, but I have to get the word out on these good folks!)


And then there is my collection of blue Ball glass jars. Love these! I use them in my guest bathroom to store cotton balls, Q-tips, etc., and in my studio for paint brushes, pens, markets, etc.




Another find is this sweet little child's chair that I use for holding extra towels in my guest bathroom.



Here's two other children's chairs that I use on my stair landing to hold books. (Okay, yes, I have a thing about children's chairs. But they're really handy little devils.)



I also found this lovely old chair with a patina that blends with my cherry wood floors.


I collect old picture frames and this one had an interesting faux bamboo edge, so I popped out the picture that was in it and put in one of my beloved birds.

Here's a close-up of the frame.


So, there you have it. Rockfish Gap Country Store and Greenwood Antiques & Uniques. And when you get there, tell them David sent you!

Until next time...
                           Sheilah

No comments:

Post a Comment